Sunday, March 16, 2008

Working in Photoshop

I have fully completed 16 Tarots and another one needs some hand stitching and beading. This means I am on track to complete 2 more this month and the final three in April. Hooray!!


For The Devil I needed an image of chains. (for addiction).


My attempt to draw some was not very successful. I remembered DH had some heavy chains in the shed so I got those out. I mucked about with paint on fabric, which didn't go anywhere.


I cropped one of the photos I took, manipulated them further in Photopaint and I was thrilled with the result.


This was the cropped photo of the chains on our verandah floor.



This is the image which I then printed on ready-to-print cotton and which became the background for this piece.

I have come to the conclusion that your weaknesses as well as your strengths contribute to developing a style.

Had I been able to draw, I would have done that and stopped there.


No comments: