Thursday, May 28, 2009

Some drawings and a pastel






I don't know yet how to move the images around on my page! :-(

Anyway, here are some of my better efforts.
The pastel was done by using step-by-step instructions in an Art Magazine.
The nude was a copy from a drawing book, using the technique Deb taught me; using guidelines and a compass is part of it.
The eye was from a lesson in Drawspace, online drawing lessons.
The twisted stems were done in the Japanese Gardens in Toowoomba, they are wisteria stems. The fig tree was done at Gina's place.
I didn't manage to capture the actual ridges on the wisteria stems, but I did capture the twist and I was happy with that. Learning how to show the ridges is now on my drawing to-do list!
I am finding that the more I draw, the more I enjoy it. Next term we're going to work with coloured pencils with Deb. I've got a heap: pastel pencils, ordinary coloured artists pencils, watercolour pencils, coloured graphite pencils, so that should be fun.

No comments: