Friday, July 24, 2009

My art in general

Deb's new classes started last Tuesday and we're doing textures. I chose leather this week, she had a picture of a leather boot and I am having a go at that and then I may go back to my earlier "boots and hat" subject. I started the drawing at class and will work on it through the week.
I have stopped going to the Friday class, at present it doesn't seem to suit me. I have joined the newly formed Somerset Art Society. We're having an exhibition tomorrow to coincide with the Multicultural Festival and I've put in "The Chariot" and "Wheel of Fortune".
I didn't take a job. This is a bit unusual for me as I always enjoyed being part of making something happen. But right now I am enjoying my freedom of commitments just too much! Those who did take on jobs seem full of energy and enthusiasm which holds great promise. The ultimate goal is for Esk to have its own Art Gallery.

No comments: