Sunday, September 20, 2009

Deb's new course

Deb is starting a new course: " Design, Development and Finish".
For a while I wasn't sure if I was ready for this. My realistic drawing didn't seem to be going anywhere. I didn't mind doing some bits and pieces, but I couldn't visualise anything I would want to work on for weeks.
Till last week when I decided to go with design and then apply realistic drawing techniques. I don't know if that style has a name, for the time being I am calling it "organic geometrics". In other words: geometric design that has become more fluid, more random and has perspective applied to it. LOVE Deb's "Wonkies"!
So I enrolled and it will start on the 6th October. Not sure if I will stick to graphite or go with colour, but that seems to be a decision that we will explore at the class.

2 comments:

koolkatquilting said...

The drawing you have done will be to your creative mind what exercise is to the body. You may not always be thrilled with the outer results, but your whole body, your internal organs, your blood supply and everything will be enriched by the activity. So from now on, everything that you design will be enriched by your drawing practise. Go for it!

Hetty van Boven said...

Thanks Kathy
Haven't done any drawing for months now.....