Saturday, April 10, 2010

Windmills of you mind...finished

Actually, I finished it a few weeks ago, ready for the "Musical Gems" exhibition.
Here are some images, thank you Tessa for taking the photos.

Am I happy with it?
Not altogether.
Once again I took shortcuts, was too lazy, too much in a hurry, whatever you call it, but I didn't set the printing on the organza, thinking, what the hell, I am not going to wash this quilt. No need for setting. Which only takes a quick rinse in detergent....

Then, when the quilt was completed, I wanted to flatten it.  Great, I know how to do that: spray with water, stretch and pat the quilt and let it dry....

Too late I noticed the printing on the text started to run....bugger....








I was lucky to find the hand, a piece I did last year for the Beatles card " I want to hold you hand" but when I had made it, it was too large. So that came in "hand"y!

What's my next project?
I bought some gorgeous fabric in PNG where we spent Easter this year and I want to make a tablecloth.
I left my camera in PNG, the family will bring it back when they visit in a few weeks. Until then, I cannot take photos.

No comments: