Sunday, April 17, 2016

Workshop for beginners


Thinking about what I could teach beginners, I dug up 'Rose Window'
Designed and made in 1993, until I stopped teaching patchwork, it was the most often requested workshop.I often went back to places like Dalveen, to teach it again to a different group of quilters.

Details:
Size: 40" x 40" , approx. 1m x 1m
This one is all machine stitched, but the strips can be hand stitched if preferred.
In 1993, how to make the strips out of black lawn was part of the workshop, now we can buy Fusible Bias Tape in all colours which will give you a flying start. There are also some tools now to make your own. 

Over the years, people have made the flowers in different colours, all gorgeous.
Some quilters used this as a start for a bed quilt.
Full size pattern will be available.
It will be quite easy to arrange these blocks into a runner for bed or table. 









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks interesting. I have a Pansy version in my UFO to do. Presently focussing on your Rainbow quilt....