Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tarots and baby quilt

People on the AT forum suggested I could create my own Tarot Deck. I immediately shuddered to think I would have to creat another 56 works! The 22 took over my life for nearly 12 months and I want to do other things.
But they said: "Just do the Majors". For the uninitiated: I did the Major Arcana, 22 of them. Full deck includes the Minor Arcana...another 56.
I am thinking, how do I go about that, find a publisher? But no, you can actually buy blank Tarot cards to print yourself. I can just see that: with a fancy little bag to store them in! Some people on the AT Forum tell them they would buy them!
Anyway, would make lovely gifts and definitely doable.
Traditionally, all Tarot decks have a name. I don't have one. Any suggestions?
Besides Tarots, I did a bit more work on the the first Dutch quilt. Only worked on the design. Did I tell you I have some blocks fused ready to stitch? Kangaroo, platypus and the name of the recipient. I don't want to put the name here, it is very unusual, I don't want the parents even to know i am making that quilt: let's call him Fred. :-)
Won't do much tomorrow: I am having an artist date with Kathy from Koolkat Quilting
We're going to see Deb's (my drawing teacher) exhibition and have lunch together.
An artists day is something suggested in Julia Cameron's The Artists Way book.
Saturday is Toogoolawah Show day, looking at cattle, fine art, craft and cooking entries as well as horticultural and agricultural entries. A small side show alley and catching up with people.

No comments: