Friday, April 24, 2015

Back from Contextart


What can I say?
I enjoyed the class with Liz Maidment and I will try to complete the little project sooner rather than later. I learned some new embroidery techniques,  Liz was a charming and helpful tutor  and I enjoyed the company of my fellow students,

My thanks in particular to Barbara, who provided transport to get me from the house in Wentworth Falls to the school at Hazelbrook when she realised my situation, It was an easy walk from the house to Wentworth Falls station, but no way to get from Hazelbrook station to the Korowal School, except by car. It was left up to us to either find someone to give us a lift or use cabs. 
At other similar events I have attended, accommodation was either provided on campus or a bus provided transport for participants. This was the first time it was left to the individual students to manage how to get to and from the venue. Not good.

The knitting workshop just wasn't me. But Teresa Dair, our tutor, supported me when I decided to go freeform, giving me some lovely bundles of yarn to use. I started a piece that will go into Art Awards in July. 

I attended the Edwardian Night at Katoomba at the historic Carrington Hotel. The Embroiderer's Guild showed part of their collection of historical and vintage clothing complete with a running commentary that was both informative and entertaining. 

After two days of the four day workshop I couldn't go any further on my piece and I checked out of the school. 
Visited Wentworth Falls, Falls Gallery, Katoomba Cultural Centre and all the lovely shops along Katoomba Street. 









No comments: