Friday, March 25, 2016

First Ring, Frankie Mag, books




Here is the first progress picture from my Rainbow Maze Test Team.
Mary has chosen a monochromatic colour scheme that goes from white to black on a grey background. Flowers will add red to it later. Can't wait to see more.

Finally bought Frankie magazine. I have picked it up many times, always putting it back because it is more expensive than most and I wasn't sure if it was worth it.

I love it!
It is very different to any other magazine and takes a little bit more attention. 
A bit like the difference between ice cream and a perfectly cooked steak,
One you can swallow without further effort, the other needs some chewing, but then you can enjoy the flavour and texture much longer. 

I left the article on Data Visualisation for days, it looked too complicated and what the hell was this?  Art? Technology?

This was Mr. Google has to say:

Data visualization is the presentation of data in a pictorial or graphical format. It enables decision makers to see analytics presented visually, so they can grasp difficult concepts or identify new patterns.

Yawn......

Except, Giorgia Lupi and Stefanie Posavec did the visualisation, which is really a fancy word for drawing, by hand on postcards in coloured pens and pencils..
No link in the article, but here it is 

I'll keep watching the progress and put the book on my wish list.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary's ring looks great. I have now sorted my Bali pop into tones from dark to light and back to dark. Fingers crossed when I finish grandson's quilt top I will start cutting... I like a challenge

Hetty van Boven said...

Thanks Trish: your wish is my command: you've got the challenge!