Sunday, February 7, 2010

Elements

 

Last year, when I was still thinking of doing this in drawing, I made this quick sketch in ink.
The images come from the text of the "Windmills of your mind" song.
"keys that jingle in your pocket"
"words that jangle in your head"
"like an apple, turning silently in space"
"a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face"
"leave their footprints in the sand"
"or a carnival balloon"
"pictures hanging in the hallway"
The additional element is of sheet music, I'll probably do something with the actual sheet music and then manipulate it in Corel PhotoPaint.
  
I played for a few hours with this drawing, trying for an overlapping effect. I am going to print multiple images on organza, then overlap them on the background. Probably.... 
I have done quite a few works based on something musical and find it a never ending source of inspiration..


No comments: