Thursday, February 4, 2010

Triskele is fused on!

After printing out the triskele for the 4th time, tiled over 12 pages ( or was that the 5th time?) I could finally get onto the next step.
My quilt sandwich was already made: 3 layers, 4 if you count Vliesofix: from the bottom up: iron-on Vilene, matilda's own wadding, vliesofix, ivory dupion silk.
Centring the triskele wasn't easy, I used Coreldraw to establish the correct position on the background and took my time.
Next steps: establishing elements and embellishments.
Next time I have to be in Toowoomba (probably to get the bikes serviced) I am going to order a hanger. My previous wrought iron supplier has closed shop, he recommended Forge Metalworks. When I rang, the lady said she was a quilter. Didn't ask if that means "mate-rates"!

No comments: