Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Centre of quilt together, flowers pinned on


Here is the main part of the quilt, borders will be added to this.
It is stitched, ready for the flowers.




I've pinned the flowers and leaves on, but I am not quite satisfied with the lay-out. I wanted to get away from the square design, by which I mean I started by added four sets of leaves. 
Next I pinned on 3 large flowers in the centre.
Now, how do you change a design of 4 to a design of 3?
I don't know yet.
I also think it needs another flower shape. 

I found the samples Victorian Textiles had sent me and tested out the various products. I just loved, loved, loved printfuse. You print your design, like the flower elements, on the printfuse with your printer. Cut and fuse to the design fabric  as per usual and you don't only have an iron-on patch, this patch sticks to the background temporarily and can be moved about. 
A pity I only had two sheets, I definitely will make sure I keep this product handy. 



No comments: