Monday, October 12, 2015

New project

I am so excited to be creating a new Double Wedding Ring project for Victorian Textiles, to be ready in time for the Australian Quilt Market next month! No pressure ...
I have been working on the design for a while, but today the gorgeous Bali Pops  arrived: 2.5" strips to use for the arcs in beautiful rainbow colours  and Bali Snaps, 5" squares I will use for the flowers, plus the background, a colour called 'Dewdrop', soft hand dyed of blue  splotches and swirls on a white background. 

The idea is 3 x 3 rings, but the centre is just a plain circle for some appliqué, which of course I will do in my favourite machine trapunto.



Some arc pieces


Here are some of the arc pieces. This Bali 1895 fabric is so lovely and crisp, 
a pleasure to cut and sew. 






The Double Wedding Ring  will be cut using the super templates by Victorian Textiles.
Here I am cutting the Melon shapes: note the smaller cutting board, it allows me to turn it instead of having to turn the partly cut patch and maybe shift the fabric. 





Can you spot the difference between these two images?
On the top each ring consists of four arcs, each in a different colour group.

On the bottom, each ring repeats the same arc four times.
At the moment, I prefer the bottom one...


No comments: