Sunday, October 18, 2015

Nearly assembled!

OK, I really hoped my top would be together, but I am starting to make mistakes and unpicking isn't much fun. 

I wasted a couple of hours trying to design a template for the plain centre circle, but in the end, it didn't seem totally accurate when I checked it with the other templates.
I went back to my original plan: use a finished ring as a template.

The interesting thing  ( or challenge, if you like) is that this is not a perfect circle, but has 4 straight sections where they are stitched to the squares.
In the end, it wasn't a problem. 

I probably have a couple of hours to go and the 9 rings will be together and  squared off ready for the appliqué!

And speaking of unpicking: don't take your frustration out on the fabric or the stitching, but unpick gently, tremove the bits of thread  and press fabric to bring it back to its original crispness. 






No comments: