Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fandance/Windmills of your mind

Fandance is coming along very nicely. I am surprised how quickly the hand sewing progresses!
Once the 5 blades are machine stitched together, it only takes a good half hour to hand stitch the blades and the centre to the background.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy fondling fabric! I cannot quite see me fondling pencils, paper and tubes of paint!

I am committed to do a piece for our local "Musical Gems" exhibition in March, which is to be textile based mixed media. I will probably do "Windmills of you mind" did I mention that before?
I wonder if I could do a large spiral as a base to attach the other elements too. Not a spiral stitched to a background, but a spiral being the background, in other words, what you see when it hangs,  is the wall behind it. Nice if the wall is smooth, not so nice with the tongue-and-groove at the exhibition venue. :(
Fabric Spiral attached to canvas?
By the time I decide I'll have to work full time on it to get it finished before the deadline!

No comments: