Monday, January 4, 2010

Revision of quilt and centres



This is Fandance2. Keep in mind this will be a scrap quilt, so the fabrics used aren't final. Size 86" x 98"
Centre has  10 x 12 blocks. I have cut the 600 fan blades, I've cut 114/120 backgrounds, I'll finish them today.
I also developed a better way to do the centres, which are going to be larger than on the quilt.





I made a 4.5" plastic template, marked and cut the fabric. I ran a small running stitch along the edge, left thread ends long enough to pull up.
Placed fabric right side down on the  4" cardboard template. Pulled the stitching tight. Pressed carefully, using a bit of spray starch, let cool and cut into 4 pieces. Voila!
At this stage, I am concentrating on the centre 10x12 blocks only. Who knows how the rest of the quilt will develop!!

No comments: