Friday, January 29, 2010

Get a move on.....

The Musical Gems exhibition will be at the end of March, I need to get a move on.
First: what colour scheme, colour palette will I use?
 
OK....look at a heap of luscious fabrics....mmmm....nothing there.
This site has thousands if not millions of ready made palettes. So where to start.
Entered " mind" Remember, the project is Windmills of your mind. A few nice colour schemes, nothing that is very inspiring, but I'll keep looking.

Next, or rather, at the same time, I have to make decisions:
  • Make this project like a quilt: the background is a firm quilt sandwich, the final work will be hung from a rod or some other hanging thingy.
  • Put the fabric elements on canvas. Nice and firm, easy to hang.
  • Make the work to be displayed behind glass: extra cost, extra weight, can't be photographed well once it is framed. But...the work will be protected and framing gives the work more presence.
This brings me to another decision: the size. Oh no...two decisions: square or portrait or landscape?
Aaahhhhh....this is just so hard....I wish I could actually start cutting and sewing and designing the elements....

No comments: